At Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company, we live where you live. We believe in supporting the communities where our members reside. We do so in many ways, including financial contributions to worthwhile causes.
Over the years, we have supported numerous community projects and infrastructure, and will continue to so in the future. In addition to support that our company has provided directly, our staff have also helped raised money for organizations such as The Children’s Wish Foundation, Cancer Research and Big Brothers and Big Sisters. A partial list of our community contributions appears below.
|Organisation / Project||Amount|
|St. Ninian Pioneer Cemetery Restoration Project||$5,000|
|Decoste Centre for Arts and Creativity||$15,000|
|Antigonish Agricultural Centre||$200,000+|
|St. Martha’s Regional Hospital Foundation||$100,000+|
|Coady International Institute Expansion Project||$25,000|
|Coady International Institute Bursaries||$20,000+|
|Keating Milenium Centre||$15,000|
|Inverness Hospital Foundation||$40,000+|
|Lochaber Community Centre||$10,000|
|Dr. Kingston Memorial Community Health Centre||$5,000|
|Antigonish Highland Games||$5,000+/yr|
|Eastern Nova Scotia Exhibition||$5,000+/yr|
|Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual Junior B Bulldogs||$25,000+|
|Cumberland Health Authority||$30,000+|
|Cheticamp Hospital Foundation||$20,000|
|Guysborough Memorial Hospital||$20,000|
|Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia||$2,500/yr|
|Colchester County 4-H Barn Project||$20,000|
|The People’s Place: Antigonish Town and County Library||$50,000|
ANTIGONISH FARMERS’ MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY is providing another benefit to its policyholders. In order to help graduating high school students offset the high cost of post secondary education, eight (8) $1,250.00 scholarships are awarded on an annual basis. Please read the eligibility requirements herein and if you qualify, simply complete and return the application form. You may become one of the successful applicants.
Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company is providing eight (8) Scholarships of $1,250.00 each.
There will be eight (8) scholarship awards each year from applications received. The applicant must have fully completed an application form, included requested documents, and submitted it to the Company Head Office by the required date specified above. Our Company will notify the successful applicants by June 1st.
Before issuing scholarship funds by November 10th of the same year, the Company will require applicants to provide proof of registration, for example a copy of the paid tuition or a Proof of Enrolment letter from the school or institution to be submitted to the Head Office at the above address.
General Requirements of Eligibility
- The applicant must be a resident of ANTIGONISH, GUYSBOROUGH, PICTOU, INVERNESS, VICTORIA, RICHMOND, CAPE BRETON, COLCHESTER, CUMBERLAND, HANTS, OR HALIFAX County.
- The applicant or his/her parents (guardians) must be a current policyholder of our Company.
- The applicant cannot be a son or daughter of any director, agent, or staff member of our Company.
- The applicant must show proof of acceptance or enrolment as a first time, full time student at a post secondary institute (college or university).
- The applicant must provide a current high school transcript.
- The applicant must complete an application form provided by our Company.
- The applicant must provide a letter of reference.
- The applicant must return the application form postmarked no later than April 20th to the office of: Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company, Scholarship Selection Committee, 188 Main Street, Antigonish, N.S., B2G 2B9
- If successful, applicants must provide via email a digitally formatted colour photo of themselves to the Company for publication.
- The applicant must not have received any prior scholarship award from our Company (Individuals can only receive one (1) scholarship from our Company).
- Incomplete and / or late applications will not be considered.
- If successful, applicants must provide via email direct deposit information in order to receive funds electronically.
2021 Scholarship Recipients
Request a Donation
Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company is committed to supporting our community through organizations, services and events that enrich the quality of life for everyone. To contact us regarding a donation to support your activity please use the following form.
"*" indicates required fields