There are enough bumps on the road of life; your auto insurance shouldn’t be one of them! Through our wholly owned subsidiary Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Agency, we are able to provide the right coverage to keep you and your family on the road.
In Nova Scotia, every automobile used on public roadways must be insured. You must have coverage for third party liability, accident benefits, and accidents caused by uninsured and unidentified motorists before you can use your vehicle.
Third Party Liability – Insurance that covers you if you injure someone or damage someone else’s property with your car.
Accident Benefits – Benefits that provide you with medical and rehabilitation expense benefits, funeral expense benefits, and loss of income benefits.
Uninsured and Unidentified Automobile Coverage – Insurance that protects you if you are the victim in an accident with an uninsured or unidentified automobile.
You may want additional coverage to ensure you’re fully protected in the event of an automobile accident, theft or damage. Some coverage options to consider are:
- Collision – You’re covered for the cost of repairs or replacement of your car in the event of a collision where you are partially or totally at fault.
- Comprehensive – Vehicle coverage for theft, vandalism, fire, falling or flying objects and collision with an animal.
- Optional coverage can be added to your insurance policy, including:
- Accident Forgiveness – Your first accident is forgiven so your insurance rates will not be affected provided you have been licensed and accident-free for six years.
- Loss of Use – Coverage for the costs of temporary transportation such as renting a car or taking a bus if your car is stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- Damage to Non-owned Automobiles – Covers damage to a car you don’t own while it was in your care and control.
- Limited Waiver of Depreciation – Protection against the loss of value of a new car if your car is beyond repair and must be replaced due to an accident.
Your insurance needs are unique to you and it is important to ensure that your policy meets your requirements. Please contact an agent to discuss your insurance needs so they can identify what coverage works best for you!
Premium Payment Options
You can purchase auto insurance for your vehicle by cash, Visa, MasterCard or talk to your agent about a monthly payment plan.