In Nova Scotia, every automobile used on public roadways must be insured. You must have coverage for third party liability, accident benefits, and accidents caused by uninsured and unidentified motorists before you can use your vehicle.
Third Party Liability – Insurance that covers you if you injure someone or damage someone else’s property with your car.
Accident Benefits – Benefits that provide you with medical and rehabilitation expense benefits, funeral expense benefits, and loss of income benefits.
Uninsured and Unidentified Automobile Coverage – Insurance that protects you if you are the victim in an accident with an uninsured or unidentified automobile.
You may want additional coverage to ensure you’re fully protected in the event of an automobile accident, theft or damage. Some coverage options to consider are:
- Collision – You’re covered for the cost of repairs or replacement of your car in the event of a collision where you are partially or totally at fault.
- Comprehensive – Vehicle coverage for theft, vandalism, fire, falling or flying objects and collision with an animal.
- Optional coverage can be added to your insurance policy, including:
- Accident Forgiveness – Your first accident is forgiven so your insurance rates will not be affected provided you have been licensed and accident-free for six years.
- Loss of Use – Coverage for the costs of temporary transportation such as renting a car or taking a bus if your car is stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- Damage to Non-owned Automobiles – Covers damage to a car you don’t own while it was in your care and control.
- Limited Waiver of Depreciation – Protection against the loss of value of a new car if your car is beyond repair and must be replaced due to an accident.
Your insurance needs are unique to you and it is important to ensure that your policy meets your requirements. Please contact an agent to discuss your insurance needs so they can identify what coverage works best for you!
Premium Payment Options
You can purchase auto insurance for your vehicle by cash, Visa, MasterCard or talk to your agent about a monthly payment plan.
Our coverage ensures that the challenges faced by a commercial operation including damages to property or losses by crime and liability are addressed.
To learn more about our products and how we can assist you with your commercial insurance needs, contact an agent today.
Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual offers policies to address your insurance requirements relating to
- Homeowners Insurance
- Condominium Insurance
- Mobile (Mini) Home Insurance
- Tenant Insurance
Typical policies include:
- Fire and Extended Coverage – Coverage for perils including fire, windstorm, theft, vandalism, certain types of water damage and glass breakage. Optional coverage, such as liability coverage, contents replacement cost coverage can also be added.
- Broad Homeowners – Includes coverage on an all risk basis (with certain exclusions) on the building , coverage for 13 named perils on the contents and liability. Special enhanced features, such as addition living expense coverage, automatic coverage limits for outbuildings, coverage for credit card theft, and loss of food in a food freezer due to malfunction or power outage are also included.
- Comprehensive Homeowners – Nearly identical to the broad homeowner’s policy, with the added benefit of providing coverage on your household contents on an all risk basis which is subject to certain exclusions.
Other Optional Coverage
Additional optional coverage can be added to your homeowner policy. You may want to consider adding the following if they apply to you.
- Personal Article Floaters – all risk coverage (subject to certain exclusions) for several types of personal property such as jewelry, sports equipment, boats, computers and camera equipment.
- Sewer Backup Coverage – covers damages caused by the back up of sewers, septic tanks, eaves troughs or downspouts
- We know that every family is unique. By working with you to understand your insurance needs, we can mix and match coverage to tailor a plan that addresses your requirements. Contact an agent to learn more about our residential coverage and competitive rates.
We understand the needs of local farmers and know that our products must evolve and expand as rapidly as the farm operations themselves. Whether you are a hobby farmer or a large agricultural operation we offer a wide range of packages through our AGRIpac policy to best suit your needs.
Our agents know the business of farming. This allows us to custom design a program for your farm operation that can’t be matched. As the largest farm insurer in northeastern Nova Scotia, we understand your business, and how to protect it.
Our basic farm policies offer coverage for:
- General Liability
- Loss of Farm Income
Each farmer has maximum flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets his need and budget. Contact an agent to find out more about how Antigonish Farmers’ Mutual can help you protect your farm today.
Our fishing boat policy covers your fishing vessel, motor and fishing equipment and is designed to address sudden and accidental events, as opposed to maintenance issues. Our policy automatically includes Protection and Indemnity coverage to protect you against liability arising out of the use of the fishing vessel. We can also provide coverage for fishing buildings and associated gear and equipment.